Friday, November 2, 2018

Protective Shields for Delicate Structures

The polycarbonate plastic protects the bridge from destruction-by-owner.
In a recent post, I told of the recent completion of a road bridge (http://sandcrr.blogspot.com/2018/10/new-county-bridge-erected-over-little.html). While the delicate appearance of its members is pleasing, it also makes the bridge very delicate. I would be the first one to admit that I am somewhat clumsy. I could see myself leaning over the bridge or catching it with my long-sleeved shirt, all of with the same result - disaster.
     To help prevent the new bridge from being "washed out" by operators or, more likely, myself, I cut and mounted a piece of 3/32" thick polycarbonate plastic. Home Depot and other similar stores carry it in stock. Other delicate items such as signals can be similarly protected.
    This should deter all but the most determined bridge wrecker, at least I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment